Difficult Conversations Card Deck
In a perfect world, every conversation with your employees would be an easy one – a quick, “Hey, you’re doing great! Keep it up!” followed by a big smile.
But because we live in the real world, difficult situations arise where you need to step in and have an honest conversation about performance, attitude, or other unmet expectations.
It’s the last thing you feel like doing, but hoping the issue will just magically fix itself is never a good strategy …
Good news: The awkward conversations you’re dreading don’t have to be so awkward! With our Difficult Conversations card deck, you can confidently show up and navigate tough employee conversations with ease and tact. You’ll feel better afterwards, and so will your employees.
This is For You if:
- You’re a manager/people leader who wants easy, accessible tips for handling difficult conversations.
- You’re a Human Resources professional who wants to help your managers excel in their leadership roles.
- Your schedule is P-A-C-K-E-D, so you love the idea of quick, proven management strategies to make your life easier.
You Will Learn:
- What to do before each conversation to ensure you’re as prepared as possible for the situation at hand.
- What to say – or not say – during your conversation to provide a better employee experience. (Hint: Listening is more important than you may realize!)
- How to use open-ended questions and phrases to encourage more feedback and two-way conversation.
Why it Matters:
As tempting as it is to sweep difficult conversations under the rug, they need to happen. Not only will this re-establish you as an action-taking leader, but it will also ensure your employees stay on a positive growth track.
What You Get:
- 40 cards with quick, easy-to-implement tips for navigating difficult employee conversations.
- 3 distinct, colour-coded support sections: Preparing for Your Difficult Conversation, Having Your Difficult Conversation, and Open-Ended Questions & Phrases.
- The option to read the whole deck in one sitting, or to pull the most relevant card(s) when needed.
- The strategies in this deck were developed after speaking with thousands of managers and listening to their requests for more actionable support.
Pairs perfectly with our 1:1 Conversations Card Deck - Click Here to Explore
40 actionable training cards to help you master your toughest conversations!